This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart.

This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Heart's Cry

As you can see, my blog is titled, "My Heart's Cry -- This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart."  Yet sometimes I can't fully share what's really on my heart.  That is why I've been absent this past month or so.  Some of you know what I'm talking about, some of you don't.  No, it's not a marital issue -- Jeremy has been the most amazing man, wonderful father, and supportive husband a girl could ask for this past month.  I guess we can say it's been more of a relational issue. 

I don't consider myself an ultra-private person.  As you have probably seen from this blog, I put my heart out there.  Although I usually tend to avoid confrontation, I try to be real with people.  What good is it to be fake?  By being real, people will see what I'm passionate about.  People know what's important to me.  But any time you put your heart out there, you risk being hurt.  I guess that's what happened to me.  I will leave it at that. 

Satan has tried to use this to discourage me but I won't let him.  Phililppians 3:13 says, "Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."  It's taken some time and there are still scars, but I pray I can put this behind me and "press on."  EBC has only just begun in reaching the Blaine area for Christ and I don't want to miss a moment of it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Steph- Just now realized you have a blog...well two of them!! :) How fun! Praying for you this afternoon as I read this post.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete