This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart.

This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Spiritual Gifts

Recently we had a series at church on the Holy Spirit, and a message on spiritual gifts.  So Jeremy decided to take a spiritual gifts evaluation to see what his strongest spiritual gifts were.  I was so intrigued by his findings that I decided to take it as well.  Here's what it found:

My top four scores were Hospitality, Service, Faith, and Giving;  Jer's were Giving, Hospitality, Service, and Leadership.  It was funny because a friend had just emailed me earlier that week saying she really thought I had the gift of hospitality.  I honestly didn't even know if hospitality was really a "spiritual" gift.  But sure enough, it is.  And it doesn't just mean you like having people over for dinner (which we love to do), it's more about wanting people to feel connected.  It makes so much sense to me now because I want people to feel like they belong.  I want them to feel welcome, to feel like they have friends, to know they are needed and wanted.  That's why I used to love MOMS group so much, because it was a place where moms could come and feel like they belonged and connected with other moms that were going through the same things they were.  That's why I love leading the First Impressions crew at church;  I want people to know they are valued and appreciated, and are such a needed part of the team they're on. 

Jer's top score was the spiritual gift of Giving.  No big surprise there, either.  Jeremy is the most generous person I know.  I'm so glad I married him because 20 years ago my giving score would've been way low;  he has really rubbed off onto me (but I still have a long ways to go.)  Jeremy loves helping people in need, and it seems like about every other day he does the Drive-Thru Difference (which is where you pay for the car behind you in the drive-thru).  Maybe that's just an excuse for him to eat out.  :)  Either way, he has blessed so many people, and when he gets to heaven some day he's going to have a blast meeting all the people that were on the receiving end of his generosity.  It's also a good thing he scored high in Hospitality because if one of us loved to have people over and the other didn't, that would create a problem.  Luckily we both love to, so if we happen to call and see if you want to come over for dinner, know that we love it and don't expect anything in return!

If you want to know more about the way God wired you, click here:  http://needs.eaglebrookchurch.com/gifts1.php

Hopefully you will find it as interesting as I did.  You will probably not be surprised (you probably already know the things you love to do and are good at) but it might give you a greater sense of purpose in how to use your gifts to God's glory.

Leave me a comment on your top gift(s) -- I'd love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment