This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart.

This is simply a place where you can see a glimpse of my heart.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

God is trying to get our attention

The following was a post from Joel Rosenberg's blog after the Japan earthquake/tsunami last week. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

The Lord Jesus said that in the last days….

“there will be great earthquakes, and in various places plagues and famines; and there will be terrors and great signs from heaven….There will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth dismay among nations, in perplexity at the roaring of the sea and the waves, men fainting from fear and the expectation of the things which are coming upon the world; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.” (Luke 21:11,25,26)

“For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.” (Romans 8:22, KJV)

The apocalyptic earthquake and subsequent tsunami in Japan reminded us yet again that the earth is groaning and we are, in fact, living in the last days before the return of Christ. The horrific disaster, whose proportions we are only beginning to understand, has already killed more than 1,000 people and left millions without power, food, or fresh water. Please be praying for the people of Japan for the Lord to comfort them and draw them close to His heart. Please pray for the followers of Jesus Christ in Japan and throughout Asia to help their brothers and sisters and help those who need practical assistance as well as Christ’s promise of unconditional love and forgiveness. Pray, too, that people all over the world will realize that the Lord is trying to get our attention to turn back to Him and prayer for the Day of the Lord, which is coming soon. Have you ever heard of the Four Spiritual Laws, a concise explanation of the gospel?

---------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know about you, but this intrigues me.  The other day a friend posted this on facebook: 

Sept. 11th (NY) ... Jan. 11th (HAITI) ... March 11th (JAPAN) .... Luke 21:10-11 Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Nations will rise against nations, and kingdoms against kingdoms. There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven."  Jesus says for behold I come quickly.  ARE YOU READY?

In the facebook comments one person said "Wow!" and another person said "creepy."  I would have to agree with both.  I mentioned above that stuff like this intrigues me, but I wouldn't be honest if I said it doesn't also scare me.  And that's coming from a person who is 100% certain that I will be in the presence of God and not be left behind.  I guess what scares me is that at any moment "life as I know it" could abruptly end.  Also, the fact that I should be spending more of my time doing things that have eternal value, like building more relationships with people who don't know God in a personal way.
 
But God doesn't want me to live in fear.  He wants me to live every day to the fullest, becoming the person he created me to be, and telling others about his amazing love. 
 
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.  II Timothy 1:7

If you do not know the God of the universe in a personal way, I urge you -- don't wait until it's too late.  Click here to find out more.  Your eternal destiny depends on it.  And you will find a peace and hope in this life that nothing else can give. 
 
One last thing -- if you can spare a half hour of your life, watch this message by one of our pastors a few months ago.  It was one of the most clear, relevant messages I've ever heard (and you will even laugh a time or two!)  You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment